Usability heuristics for user interface design
- always tell user what the system is doing
- tell the user in their language, not system’s language, and follow real world convention. (联想拟物化设计，为了模仿物理世界；如今用户习惯培养起来后，改成平面化设计)
- user control and freedom. Always provide an emergency exit for user. like cancel/redo/undo.
- prevent user errors. Providing confirmation dialog/undo, put “reply all” button explicitly more separated over other buttons.
- Minimize the user’s memory load by making objects, actions, and options visible. (recognition requires less memory load than recall)
- What is the capital of China? (recall)
- Is Beijing the capital of China? (recognition)
- build accelerator for experienced users, while keep the UI simple, flexible for newbee users.
- ctrl + C copy is an accelerator; double click to like a photo is an accelerator.
7. Aesthetic and minimalist design. Keep a high signal-noise ratio. Remove elements in the UI that is distracting/not conveying any information to users.
8. help user recognize, diagnose and recover from the error
- error message should express in plain english text, and let user knows how to recover from the error.
9. help and documentation
10. consistency and standards
- internal consistency
- external consistency
- The goal of the consistency is to reduce users’ cognitive load to learn new things.